We provide bespoke boarding accommodation, designed to create a safe and comfortable home away from home for your child. Each “house” is both a self-contained building and a separate community of boys or girls (and each house is led by its own team of boarding staff.
The Boarding House
- Student rooms (two-bedded or four bedded depending ages), with desks and en-suite bathrooms.
- Communal spaces for socialising, relaxing and kitchenettes for making snacks.
- Private accommodation for residential staff.
The Vision for Boarding at Dehong Beijing
The Dehong Boarding Vision is to provide excellence in care and support, in partnership with our parents and academic colleagues. Our students will develop into confident, skilled and positive contributors to their school community who carry those skills, attitudes and qualities to the world outside of school.
The Mission for Boarding at Dehong Beijing
The Dehong Boarding Mission is to create a safe, welcoming “home from home” where each student is valued, supported, enriched and encouraged on their path to adulthood. We provide students with opportunities to develop the confidence and skills necessary to become effective contributors to community, the world of work and family, within a protective and nurturing educational boarding environment.
Safeguarding, Supervision and Care: at the Heart of Boarding in Dehong Beijing
The protection, safety and nurture of our boarding students is at the heart of all that we do. The Dehong Safe at School policy and philosophy underpins the recruitment and training of all the adults employed at Dehong Beijing and all policies and procedures, activities and routines of our Boarding structure.
Our responsibility for the supervision and care for our students is paramount.
- There is always be a Safe at School trained adult in the Boarding house whenever a child is in the building.
- Student privacy is always important but routines, activities and study are always be supervised by a First Aid trained member of the boarding team.
- The Medical Centre is in the boarding house and professional medical personnel are on call 24/7 to attend to any student.
Policies and protocols pay attention to wellbeing, rest, recreation, social and private time, physical exercise and adequate sleep. A qualified emotional support counsellor is a member of the school staff. All Boarding staff are qualified educators.